Saturday, December 19, 2009

Updates, We've Got Updates

I really thought that my Hippeastrum 'Benfica' flower, the subject of this post, would be open by now. It, however, has other plans. I am consoled by the appearance of a second flower bud, seen peeking out from behind the taller stalk. I will post pictures when the flower finally opens.

Hippeastrum 'Benfica' as of this morning


In other news, I am sad to report that while several of my coleus (Solenostemon scutellarioides) plants are doing fairly well under my light set-up, (see posts here and here) popular favorite 'Tilt-a-Whirl' is no longer. The plant lost quite a few leaves, then just sort of rotted out.

"Foxy" my Asparagus densiflorus 'Meyersii' is still hanging in there, and has put out a second new frond. (Original post here, a previous update can be found in the second coleus link above.)

2 comments:

mr_subjunctive said...

R.I.P. 'Tilt-a-Whirl.' :^(

Ivynettle said...

I'm still waiting for my Hippeastrum>/i> bud to open as well. And I've lost all but one of my coleuses. And let's not even talk about the >i>Abutilon cuttings, or I'll cry.