For example, the new leaf on my Sansevieria hallii, which was just barely emerging from the soil in this post, now looks like this:
Sansevieria hallii. The new leaf is second from the right. I also redid the top dressing for a neater look.
Another view, showing how nice and thick the leaf is. It is the shortest leaf now, but I expect it to continue to grow taller.
As for my Ledebouria socialis, which I posted about on July 8, I decided to get a nice big bowl to plant it in.
Ledebouria socialis in its new pot, with the old pot for comparison. I didn't have to break it, after all.
Finally, I did get back to the Chicago Botanic Gardens after all, just yesterday. And the flowers on the bottom part of the giant Agave stalk were open.
Closer: The flowers at the bottom of the stalk have opened; the buds at the top are still closed, and the ones in the middle are in intermediate stages.
Previous posts about this plant can be found by clicking the "Agave" label below.
As the summer progresses, I'm sure I'll have even bigger things to blog about. As it is, I have had to move at least 20 succulents to larger pots, and I'm sure there is more of that in my near future.