Monday, April 12, 2010

Outdoor Garden, April 9-11

Some pictures from my garden from this past weekend:

Daffodils (Narcissus cv.) with some past-their-prime Crocus

Closer view of one of the flowers from the picture above

Vinca minor

Crowded bed with Narcissus, Tulipa, Allium, Iris, Aquilegia (the last three not in bloom) with a Lysimachia nummularia (Creeping Jenny) border

Walkway to front door with the Narcissus from the above pictures on the upper left, and the crowded bulb bed on the upper right

Grape Hyacinths. I believe these are Muscari armeniacum, though I have planted other varieties.

Forsythia, planted by Bob about 9 years ago

Anemone pulsatilla, also known as Pulsatilla vulgaris, (common name: Pasque Flower.) It was right on "schedule" as the blooms first opened on Easter weekend.

A red variety of Pulsatilla

As the spring progresses, and my garden fills out, (and I do a lot more maintenance) I will continue to post more pictures.

No comments: