Monday, March 1, 2010

New Month, New Plants--March 2010

Okay, technically, it is "Old month, New plants," since I bought these yesterday. But hey, I'm posting today, and it's March, one month closer to spring, so humor me. (I mean real spring, which will begin here, in the far reaches of Chicagoland, sometime around mid-April, not that faux spring they tease us with on the Equinox.)

Anyway, here they are:

Hoya publicalyx

I believe that in one of my previous posts, I mentioned that I wasn't looking for more Hoyas. As is apparent, that didn't mean I was going to reject anything interesting that came my way. I'm just not starting a collection of them. No sir, not me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Cryptanthus spp.

On the other hand, I do fully admit to having been bitten by the Bromeliad bug. I passed up a largish Neoregelia 'Fireball,' but I decided to buy this Cryptanthus instead. There may be more of these in my future, as I've always liked them.

No comments: