Friday, November 6, 2009

Adding to the Hedera Collection

Yes, I found two new Hedera helix cultivars to add to the collection. They were hiding among a tray full of otherwise typical-looking ivies at Home Depot. I've already dressed them up in their red pots, though those aren't really visible in these pictures.

I'm pretty sure that this is Hedera helix 'Teardrop'

Close up showing the shape of the leaves

Oddly fused leaf

Very pretty NoId cultivar with white variegation

This includes an all-white branch. Though removing such branches is usually recommended in order to improve a plant's vigor, I'm going to leave it for now. (Maybe forever. It is so pretty.)

It also has unusually-shaped leaves. Check out the double point on the bottom lobe of the leaf I'm holding. Many, but not all of the leaves have that shape.

Please click on the pictures for larger versions. It'll be worth your while. I promise.

No comments: